The Whalley Difference
Whalley Computer Associates, Inc. (WCA) employs some of the region’s best engineers and is equipped to accommodate all computer and communication needs for businesses of all sizes in every industry. As an aggressive entrepreneurial business, we’re capable of responding to your needs with a level of flexibility and speed that other organizations can only hope to attain.
While we’ve grown tremendously since 1979, we remain a friendly, flexible, family-owned business that prioritizes the needs of our customers. As we’ve evolved, we’ve expanded our reach to service customers throughout the nation. To provide each customer with superior service, we now employ over 140 computer professionals and 10,000 affiliated technicians and engineers. In response to making these advancements, VarBusiness magazine ranked WCA as being a high-level engineering firm in the largest 1% of all Solution Providers in North America.
What Can WCA offer you?
- Technical and sales support to help solve your organization’s IT problems
- 150 computer professionals at your service
- Connections with over 10,000 affiliated technicians nationwide as a member of the IMSN North American Service Network
- A robust product portfolio of technology
- Collaboration with our cloud, networking, data center, and virtualization engineers
- Exceptional customer service at any given time
Large Enough To:
- Be one of the largest suppliers of nearly every major technology manufacturer in your region
- Analyze your technology needs and provide the solution that best fits your needs
- Provides exceptional pricing
- Have more technology resources in your region than the other local and global Solution Providers
- Have talent, experience, expertise, facilities and the commitment to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Leverage our purchasing power to engage the manufacturer to assist us in solving your problems
Small Enough To:
- Get to know and care about each customer
- Be privately owned with total focus on customer outcomes rather than shareholder profits
- Have a large team of IT experts that will visit your company, learn about you and your business and prescribe solutions that best fits your needs
- Respond with the speed and flexibility that the Global IT suppliers can only dream of
Whalley Computer Associates; Large Enough to handle all your needs, small enough to care.
At Whalley Computer Associates, we seek opportunities to give back and enhance our communities. For over forty years, WCA and our employees have supported the communities where we live and work through a variety of different charitable initiatives.
Annual Food Drive
During the winter holiday season, WCA’s employees donate food items to their local community food pantry. By donating, we are working in a collaborative effort to support the community and lead by example.
WCA understands the significance and importance of our environmental responsibility. Standard practices include collecting and consuming recycled goods as well as promoting and facilitating the use of recyclable goods by our customers.
Each year, WCA employees sponsor over 30 children from the local DCF (Department of Children andFamilies) for Christmas. Each child has a wish list of items in which WCA employees purchase these gifts and donate to families who are in financial hardship. WCA has participated in this program for over five years.
Quarterly Blood Drive
Employees at WCA donate blood through Baystate Health’s Blood Donor Program. The program’s bus comes to WCA four times every year and also welcomes the public to give blood. Donating blood through this program is a safe and quick contribution that we are proud to participate in.
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s
One of WCA OEM’s Project Managers, Heather Kies, formed ‘Team Whalley’ to join thousands of others who support this cause in hopes to one day create a world without Alzheimer’s.
Whalley Park, located in Southwick, Massachusetts, is the center of many local events such as the night games for the high school baseball, softball and soccer teams, fourth of July fireworks, etc. The park is used by residents of all ages; from youth team’s practices and games through adult leagues. Whalley Park was donated to the town of Southwick in 2012 in honor of John Whalley 4th by John Whalley 3rd and his wife, Kathy. Learn more about Whalley Park at: https://www.southwickma.org/parks-recreation-commision/pages/whalley-park
Yearly Charitable Donations
WCA donates to hundreds of our customers, employees and vendors favorite charities, causes and events with an annual contributions of approximately $100,000. We are always looking for new ways to contribute and give back to amazing charitable causes.
Our Recycling Initiative
WCA recycles over 80 tons of material each year. We understand the significance and importance of our environmental responsibility. Standard practices include collecting and consuming recycled goods as well as promoting and facilitating the use of recyclable goods by our customers. We are always seeking additional ways to further reduce our burden upon landfills and share additional examples below:
- Designed packaging for our custom servers that uses corn-based green cell foam
- We purchased a software application called ConnectWise which allows the generation, transmitting, completion, approval, copying and sending of all data electronically. It is virtually a paperless solution
- We have implemented employee suggestion to use of product called “Taterware” by Green Wave. Taterware eliminates plastic plates and utensils with biodegradable cutlery and bowls that offer the same advantages of any plastic ware but with the added ability to compost in 65-90 days
- Eliminated Styrofoam cups from our operation
- We installed fans in the production and warehouse areas to better circulate air, reducing the need for heating and air conditioning
- Assist our customers in the return and proper disposal of their discarded equipment
- Wooden pallets are reused until they reach end-of-life where they are made available to anyone interested in salvaging the wood. Many of them are ground to become fuel for wood-burning furnaces
- Worked with a key supplier to eliminate superfluous CD’s and manuals from packaging we buy to eliminate waste at the source
- Recycling of all paper and cardboard which is compacted and recycled by a local partner
- WCA changed our recycling company for corrugated. We installed a corrugated compactor, and the new supplier pays us for the corrugated we recycle. This in turn lowers WCA’s overhead, and thus our pricing to our customers, while at the same time keeps all our corrugated scrap in the recycling stream
- Recycling of all office paper
- Designed a new 1U server that is 15% more energy efficient than a competitor’s product, potentially saving 10,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions
- Installed Solar Panels that reduced our electric consumption by 58%
- Our facility is equipped with motion sensitive lights that switch off when our area or room is not in use
- We have a computerized climate control system to reduce energy consumption when the building is unoccupied