Summary: Security Lock Distributors located in Westwood &
Marlborough Massachusetts is a provider of “Touch-less Security Locks. The client requested a proposal for a total Virtualization Infrastructure refresh of their current NetAPP SAN and Hypervisors at both of their locations.
Challenges: The client wanted to upgrade the entire Virtualization environment with ZERO down time and interruption to business. Install had to be completed during afterhours/weekends. This project was completed during the Pandemic and WCA maintained all the needed safety protocols during this challenging time.
Solution: WCA performed an IT assessment and then provided/statement of work to perform the configuration/installation of 1 HPE HF40 SAN & 5 PowerEdge R740XD servers at each location. Solution included the scheduling of the install during weekend hours to satisfy the clients request of ZERO downtime.
Benefits : TThe solution implemented at Security Lock Distributors provided a smooth installation with ZERO down time.
The details of this install are as follows:
• Preconfigured & installed onsite during weekend hours.
• The hosts had to be swapped out one at a time, and the project took place over several weekends until completed.
• WCA tested the installed solution.
• WCA completed a knowledge transfer to client with documentation.
• WCA delivered completed project on time.
Project Results: Project went perfectly even with the delays that the Pandemic presented. Looking forward to our next project. Gary Hoffstein