Your business depends upon your network. Is your network safe from outside intruders/hackers and viruses? Is the information you store about your customers on your network safe from theft? Companies need to obtain a clear understanding of their current information security stance in order to move to a better overall security posture. A Network Security Analysis will allow you to meet the principle security requirements of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
WCA engagements follow the proven DAA methodology – DISCOVER the current security stance by conducting a thorough investigation of the customer’s environment; ANALYZE the findings with the end result in mind; ADVISE with informed recommendations. WCA would then engage the necessary resources by developing a plan, scoping the effort, and executing the deployment phase of the project.
Initially, the WCA Security Consultant will:
- review current assets, policies and infrastructure.
- submit questionnaires to key stakeholders.
- identify the current security maturity level.
- develop an analysis of the application of Security Best Practices.
Next, the WCA Security Consultant will:
- perform interviews of key stakeholders to determine security stance.
- measure current security safeguards against industry best practices by using questionnaires and observation methods.
- review current policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for comparison to Security Best Practices.
- review any previous risk assessments and remediation efforts.
- review current deference to internal and external compliance issues.
- produce and present an Executive Report identifying the results of the review to include:
- a Score Card on information security and the internal maturity level
- observations of security issues where weakness was found and discussion of potential improvements.
- results of the questionnaire for reference.
- recommendations for change to meet Security Best Practices.