The mission of Whalley Computer’s OEM Production Division is to custom design and build high quality servers and server appliances that remain available for up to four years with the very same components and specifications.
We have the ability to assist our customers with any or all of the following phases of the Product Development cycle:
- Mass Production
- Change Control
- Phase-In of Replacement Product
Some of the benefits we provide:
- Averaging over 8,000 units per quarter for our various customers, we can leverage our purchasing power and volume manufacturing capacity to enhance our customer’s value proposition to their customer. This also allows our customer to focus their efforts and resources on marketing and selling more of their products and services. Oftentimes these units are commissioned by software manufacturers seeking a consistent platform, where they can bundle their product over a longer time frame than the standard computer manufacturers can accommodate.
- Here at WCA, we have automated our control process, assuring that human error is all but eliminated and that our final product is among the most consistent in the industry. The system will not allow any person to advance to the next step until they have successfully completed the current one.
- If desired, WCA can build a surplus of product and stage them to assure that there are always enough units in stock so that an order can be filled in a moment’s notice.
- WCA performs Reliability Testing on the products that we manufacture to ensure that they are also among the most dependable in the industry. We have established a process in conjunction with our ESS Chamber that can identify as many of the product infant failures as possible. Any problems detected are then corrected prior to the product’s release to the customer, thus avoiding the possibility of malfunctions arising in the customer’s operations environment and negatively impacting productivity.
- The purpose of the ESS Chamber (Environmental Stress Screening Chamber) is to reduce the time it takes to identify infant failures of mission-critical technology products. By altering the temperature between 42 and 104 degrees while simultaneously running programs to vigorously increase the workload of the device, the vast majority of infant failures are detected in a fraction of the time that would be required under normal conditions. WCA uses this process to test every component under consideration for use in any of the server appliances that we design and build in our OEM Production Division. To learn more about our Reliability Testing capabilities select this link.
The OEM Production Division maintains constant communication with the customer as we are building the appliance from concept and design to its final delivery. The design and build phase is a tightly controlled, well documented process that allows the product, four years later, to operate and function exactly the same as it did upon initial delivery.